The cottage renovation is making quick progress due to the great work by contractor David Hood and generous contributions by both longtime supporters and new donors.
In a top to bottom renovation to make the cottage into a mini version of Blue Ridge Discovery Center, we've pulled out the 1970's linoleum and standard run of the mill casework and replaced it with a period trim scheme, six-panel white oak doors, and white oak flooring, fixtures, and hardware to match the old school house details from the 1920's and 1930's. Beyond the details, we've fixed roof, chimney, foundation, and insulation issues throughout, along with digging the first well for the site.
The result is a fantastic space for hosting visitors and connecting them with what makes the Blue Ridge so special through art, design, and interpretative displays. Many thanks to all who have made this possible to date! We look forward to showing more progress soon!